- Call the cemetery before visiting in person. Ask for the administrator’s office.
- The phone number is (325) 655-9475. Office hours are from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, except for designated City of San Angelo holidays.
- The cemetery office is located across the street from the main entrance of Fairmount Cemetery at 1120 W. Avenue N.
- Confirm that the person's gravesite is located on cemetery grounds.
- At Fairmount, a system of Block, Lot, Row and Plot is used to locate a gravesite. Give the name you are looking for to administrative staff. They will locate the person and give you the location details.
- Ask for a map to the person's gravesite. Cemeteries keep detailed records of who is buried in which plots.
- Fairmount Cemetery is open to visitors 365 days a year. The main entrance is open daily from 7:30 AM to sunset. The rear exit gate is only open during funerals.
Find A Grave is a free resource for finding the final resting places of famous folks, friends and family members. With millions of names, it's an invaluable tool for finding ancestors. Search by Name, Date or Location to find a burial site within Fairmount Cemetery – most grave records, biographical information and pictures of headstones available